WMC: The events you do not want to miss

The Events Themselves

It’s impossible to attend every single party planned for WMC. Most of them overlap, and you’d be hard-pressed to find the time, money or stamina, to attend so many parties for a week and still have fun. So with that in mind, here is EDGE’s guide to the very best WMC has to offer.

TUESDAY, MARCH 20th

John Digweed & MSTRKRFT
9PM @ Pawn Shop

John Digweed, one of progressive house’s foremost pioneers, comes to South Florida from the UK to team up with Canadian electro duo MSTRKRFT at Miami’s favorite pawn shop-turned-nightclub on the Conference’s opening night.

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21ST

Steve Lawler
TBA @ Twilo

Another British import, Steve Lawler’s dirty beats, like those highlighted in his Lights Out series, are familiar to house heads everywhere. For WMC, he sets out to flatten the dance floor at Club Twilo. Don’t miss it.

Pete Tong
TBA @ Cameo

Also British, Pete Tong is one of the world’s most renowned DJs and a veteran of the scene, as well as the host of his own weekly show on the BBC’s Radio 1. He’ll be ripping up Wednesday night at Cameo (formerly Crobar).

Erick Morillo
10PM @ Space

The “irrepressible” Erick Morillo, who regularly frequents Club Space, is back for more insanity. Morillo will lead a 16-hour party, lasting until 2PM, featuring sets by himself, Felix da Housecat, David Guetta, and others.

Roger Sanchez
10PM @ Mansion

Considered essential to any house enthusiast’s playlist, Roger Sanchez will play a seven-hour set at Mansion at the height of the conference.

THURSDAY, MARCH 22nd

Steve Porter
10PM @ The Fifth

Steve Porter, a Massachusetts native, will occupy The Fifth to commemorate the launch of his new album, the second volume of “Porterhouse,” also a popular name to describe Porter’s own unique brand of house music.

Danny Tenaglia
TBA @ Twilo

If you’re into the harder, garage-type beats, be sure and check out Danny Tenaglia at Twilo, a few days before his appearance during Ultra’s second day. Tenaglia has made a name for himself in the New York scene, and is known to play incredibly long sets, sometimes running upwards of 15 hours. WMC will be no exception.

Jonathan Peters
10PM @ Space

Jonathan Peters, also based in New York, has gained a huge following in the city due to his progressive house/trance sets. Expect a huge set going on into the morning, as is usually the case at the infamous Club Space.

FRIDAY, MARCH 23rd

Ultra Music Festival (Day 1)
4PM-Midnight @ Bicentennial Park

WMC’s official closing event, Ultra brings all the big names in dance music together in one outdoor festival. This year, Ultra will span two days. Big acts include The Cure, Deep Dish and Sander Kleinenberg.

Sander Kleinenberg & Paul van Dyk
TBA @ Space

Two easily recognizable Dutch names come together at Space. Paul van Dyk, a must-see for any trance addict, will be hitting up the main room, while Sander Kleinenberg’s progressive sound will be rocking the terrace. If you can’t make it to Ultra tonight, make it here.

Armin van Buuren
4PM @ Pawn Shop

Another one for the trance enthusiasts, Armin van Buuren needs no introduction. The Dutch DJ and producer returns to WMC for a show the trance-ist in all of us won’t forget.

Miguel Migs
10PM @ Shine

For those who prefer the calmer, deeper, soulful vibes, San Francisco native Miguel Migs will celebrate the launch of his new album, “Those Things,” at Shine with his eclectic blend of sounds.

SATURDAY, MARCH 24th

Ultra Music Festival (Day 2)
11AM-Midnight @ Bicentennial Park

The second day of Ultra will bring about the ‘traditional’ Ultra feel, with more stages, more DJs, and spanning all day and into the night. Big acts include Paul Van Dyk, Carl Cox, Erick Morillo, Sasha & John Digweed.

F*ck Me I’m Famous, featuring David Guetta, Bob Sinclair, Martin Solveig
11PM @ Cameo

France’s own David “The World is Mine” Guetta brings his famous party to one of Miami’s best hot-spots as part of his first North American tour.

Related Article(s):

Winter Music Conference: The definitive party guide

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...