SG holds Senate elections

Elections for next year’s Student Government Speaker of the Senate and Speaker Pro Tempore took place at Wednesday’ Senate meeting.

Brandon Gross, current speaker pro tempore, and Max Kelerstein, chief of staff internal, both vied to be speaker in the 2007-2008 school year. Gross was elected the next speaker of the senate.

Senators Michael Bookman, Jacqueline Collazo and Adela Ghadimi, all Senate committee chairs, were the three candidates for speaker pro tempore. Ghadimi, who will be the first female speaker pro temp since Paty Escuder in 2004-2005, was elected speaker pro tempore 2007-2008.

The total number of votes for each candidate was not released.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Sophomore Evan McKendry rebounded with a dazzling start, and No. 24 Miami handed No. 1 Florida its f ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...