CD suffers from ADD; can’t decide on genre

A challenge to the reader: determine the genre of this CD. This usually isn’t a difficult task, but with “North,” you’ll certainly have your hands full. The opening track, “Black River Bridge,” leads you to believe Tim Emmerick & Cold Front Country is a rock band. The second and third songs, “Fall to the Leaves” and “This Time Last Year,” take a turn to the alternative side, closely resembling the style of Ben Folds, and by the time you reach the sixth track, “Chapter and Verse,” the fiddle in the background might tempt you to classify the CD as Country. But don’t worry, you’ll quickly change your mind (again) after the seventh track, “Littletown Blues,” and decide you’re listening to classic rock CD and for the tenth track “Pricks and Drag Queens” plays, you might detect a hint of punk rock.

It’s possible this album has created a genre of its own: folk-country-classic-punk-alternative-rock, perhaps? For those who suffer from a touch of ADD, this CD might manage to keep you entertained. Each song has a completely different style from the one before it. The only underlying similarity between each track on the album is the nature of the lyrics. Tim Emmerick’s lyrics are original, to say the least. All of the songs are narratives and tell a specific story. You won’t hear any clich

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Darrell Langham's miraculous 28-yard catch set up Michael Badgley's game-winning field goa ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play Sunday evening at the 2017 Oracle/ITA ...

The University of Miami women's rowing team opened the fall portion of its 2017-18 schedule on ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami volleyball team demonstrated skill on both sides of the ball Sunday, sweepin ...