Reno 911! does Miami right

Mix equal parts sex, high-speed car chases, tight law enforcement uniforms, partying and Miami, and prepare to devour the big screen deliciousness of “Reno 911!: Miami.” That’s right-the cast members of the hit Comedy Central pseudo-reality TV show about the naughtiest, most indecent and hilarious sheriff’s officers have made a movie. And thankfully so.

The show’s first-and hopefully not last-foray into film kicks off with an announcement from Lieutenant Jim Dangle (Thomas Lennon). It turns out there’s a law enforcement convention in Miami that these popo are determined to attend for all the wrong reasons. There’s only one problem, though: the wild bunch makes a cross country trip from Reno, Nev. to Miami, only to be told they haven’t properly registered and thus cannot participate.

Their ensuing stay at a Miami Beach motel turns into a free for all of vice, meaning the officers party harder than the bravest of ‘Canes and end up in some disturbingly comical sex scenes you can’t find on cable.

But time quickly runs out for hangovers and pity sex when a terrorist attack on the convention puts Lt. Dangle and gang in charge of maintaining law and order in Miami.

The officers find themselves struggling to control clich

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...