What’s going on?

TODAY (Feb 23)
International Education and Exchange Programs will hold a Study Abroad Information Session from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Allen Hall room 104.

The Frost Opera Theater presents Franz Lehar’s “The Merry Widow,” directed by Alan Johnson and David Malis, from 8 to 10 p.m. at Gusman Concert Hall. Admission is $5 for students.

SATURDAY (Feb 24)
The “Healthy Cooking Class: Farmer’s Market Cooking Demonstration” will take place from 10 to 10:45 a.m. at the Coral Gables Farmer’s Market. Registration is required to attend. For more information contact the Wellness Center at (305) 284-5433.

Hands for the Homeless will be volunteering at Umoja Village from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those interested in participating should meet at Stanford Circle at 10 a.m.

UM Police will host Public Safety Career Day from 1 to 3 p.m. on the field at the corner of Granada and Ponce de Leon Blvds. The event includes a police, fire and rescue presentation, demonstration and recruiting event. For more information call (305) 284-1105.

Women’s basketball will play their season finale against NC State at 3 p.m. in the BankUnited Center.

SUNDAY (Feb 25)
In preparation for Al Gore’s upcoming visit, his documentary “An Inconvenient Truth” will be screened from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Cosford Cinema. Admission is free.

MONDAY (Feb 26)
Toppel Career Center will host a workshop on “Resume and Cover Letter Writing” from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Toppel Library.

Join Hurricane Productions as they kick off “Canestock” from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. at the Cosford Cinema. There will be live music by Sir Majesty followed by a screening of “Saturday Night Fever.”