Med school hires new admins

The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine has filled three administrative positions during the past month. Dr. Ralph L. Sacco, a professor of neurology and epidemiology at Columbia University, was recently named chairman of the Department of Neurology at the Miller School of Medicine.

Last year, Dr. Sacco received the William Feinberg Award for Excellence in Clinical Stroke from the American Heart Association. He will begin his new job in April.

The medical school also named a new chairman of the Department of Medicine. Dr. Marc E. Lippman, a pioneering breast cancer researcher, spent 18 years as a senior investigator at the National Cancer Institute. He is set to begin his new position on May 1.

Only a few days before Dr. Lippman was hired, the medical school announced a new associate dean for faculty diversity and development. Dr. Sheri Keitz, vice chair for diversity in Duke University’s Department of Medicine, will also work as chief of medicine at the Miami VA Medical Center and an advisor on diversity to UM President Donna E. Shalala.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...