Med school hires new admins

The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine has filled three administrative positions during the past month. Dr. Ralph L. Sacco, a professor of neurology and epidemiology at Columbia University, was recently named chairman of the Department of Neurology at the Miller School of Medicine.

Last year, Dr. Sacco received the William Feinberg Award for Excellence in Clinical Stroke from the American Heart Association. He will begin his new job in April.

The medical school also named a new chairman of the Department of Medicine. Dr. Marc E. Lippman, a pioneering breast cancer researcher, spent 18 years as a senior investigator at the National Cancer Institute. He is set to begin his new position on May 1.

Only a few days before Dr. Lippman was hired, the medical school announced a new associate dean for faculty diversity and development. Dr. Sheri Keitz, vice chair for diversity in Duke University’s Department of Medicine, will also work as chief of medicine at the Miami VA Medical Center and an advisor on diversity to UM President Donna E. Shalala.

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...