Med school hires new admins

The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine has filled three administrative positions during the past month. Dr. Ralph L. Sacco, a professor of neurology and epidemiology at Columbia University, was recently named chairman of the Department of Neurology at the Miller School of Medicine.

Last year, Dr. Sacco received the William Feinberg Award for Excellence in Clinical Stroke from the American Heart Association. He will begin his new job in April.

The medical school also named a new chairman of the Department of Medicine. Dr. Marc E. Lippman, a pioneering breast cancer researcher, spent 18 years as a senior investigator at the National Cancer Institute. He is set to begin his new position on May 1.

Only a few days before Dr. Lippman was hired, the medical school announced a new associate dean for faculty diversity and development. Dr. Sheri Keitz, vice chair for diversity in Duke University’s Department of Medicine, will also work as chief of medicine at the Miami VA Medical Center and an advisor on diversity to UM President Donna E. Shalala.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...