UMPD: Keep our campus safe; report suspicious activity

There is no need to give your name, but there is a need for you to share the information.

University Police patrol the campus 24 hours a day, but police cannot be everywhere at every time. Reporting suspicious activity helps maximize police efforts, and more importantly, it creates a discouraging environment to those wishing to commit crime. Think about it. If police are called every time a criminal leers through a vehicle’s window or sits in a strange location looking for something to steal, criames will be stopped before they are ever committed. In addition, those looking to commit crimes will know to stay away from the University, because as a community, we don’t tolerate crime. Suspicious activity can be reported by calling 8-6666 from any campus phone, 305-284-6666 from any cell or regular phone, or by using one of the over 80 emergency telephones located around campus. Remember, you don’t have to provide UM Police with your name if you don’t wish to. Further information on reporting suspicious activity and crime prevention is available at www.miami.edu/publicsafety, or through the UMPD Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...