Educational Testing Service announces change in testing schedule

An unexpected announcement from the ETS may affect students who plan on taking the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).

The last day to take the GRE before it changes to a longer and more difficult format will be July 31. The test will switch from its current two-and-one-half hour format to a four-hour exam. The revised GRE will be administered beginning Sept. 10.

Students will have no opportunity to take the GRE during the month of August. ETS expects test dates earlier in the season to fill up rapidly and is encouraging students to revise their GRE-preparation schedules so as to ensure a test-taking opportunity.

For more information, visit Kaplan online at www.kaptest.com or www.princetonreview.com.

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...