UM Police Presents Public Safety Career Day – February 24th – 1 to 3pm.

The University of Miami Police Department presents “Public Safety Career Day,” a Police, Fire and Rescue presentation, demonstration and recruiting event on Saturday, February 24, 2007 from 1 to 3 pm. The event will take place on the field at the corner of Granada and Ponce de Leon Boulevards. Police, Fire, Rescue and Specialty units from the University of Miami, City of Coral Gables, City of Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida Highway Patrol and other agencies (including the Federal Government) will be present to show their stuff. Specialty units attending the event with equipment and representatives will include: Special Ops. (Blackhawk Helicopter Landing) Air Rescue (second Helicopter Landing), SWAT Team, K-9, Marine Patrol, Bomb Squad, Crime Scene, Heavy Rescue, Hazmat, Urban Search and Rescue, Advanced Life Support, Armored Personnel Carrier, Ladder Truck, Service Truck, UM CERT Team, and Personnel and Recruiting from all departments. If you have ever considered a career in public safety, this event is for you. If you want meet some interesting, skilled professionals and see some amazing equipment, this event is for you. Don’t miss out on this truly rare experience. Further information is available through the UM Police website at www.miami.edu/police or the Crime Prevention Office at 305-284-1105.

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...