The UM Police Department reminds you to help keep our campus safe; report suspicious activity!

There is no need to give your name, but there is a need for you to share the information.

University Police patrol the campus 24 hours a day, but police cannot be everywhere at every time. Reporting suspicious activity helps maximize police efforts, and more importantly, it creates a discouraging environment to those wishing to commit crime. Think about it. If police are called every time a criminal leers through a vehicle’s window or sits in a strange location looking for something to steal, crimes will be stopped before they are ever committed. In addition, those looking to commit crimes will know to stay away from the University, because as a community, we don’t tolerate crime. Suspicious activity can be reported by calling 8-6666 from any campus phone, 305-284-6666 from any cell or regular phone, or by using one of the over 80 emergency telephones located around campus. Remember, you don’t have to provide UM Police with your name if you don’t wish to. Further information on reporting suspicious activity and crime prevention is available at www.miami.edu/publicsafety, or through the UMPD Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...