News Briefs

UMNews

University names new vice president for government affairs

The University of Miami announced Friday that Rudy Fernandez has been appointed as the new vice president for government affairs. He began his new post Monday.

“I am delighted to announce Fernandez’s appointment to the University of Miami,” said President Donna E. Shalala in a press release. “He comes to us with a wealth of experience, knowledge and leadership in government affairs.”

In his new position, Fernandez will serve as the principal liaison between the university and federal, state and local government offices and legislative bodies.

“It’s a homecoming for me,” he said in a press release.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...