More food that will help set the mood

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Since ancient times, aphrodisiac foods, substances that produced various forms of stimulation, have been shown to arouse sexual excitement in two ways: psycho physiological (visual, tactile, olfactory and aural) and internal (stemming from food, alcoholic drinks, drugs, love potions and medical preparations). By nature, these foods represented seed or semen, or were considered inherently to have sexual powers, such as bulbs, eggs, and snails or other foods that were considered stimulating by their physical resemblance to genitalia.

Tropical Diet List of Aphrodisiac Foods

Foods
artichokes
asparagus
almond
arugula
avocado
bananas
carrots
celery
champagne
cherries
chocolate
coffee
dates
eggplan
horseradish
gingko nuts
grapes
mousses
oats
okra
onions
oysters
peaches
pinenuts
pomegranates
quince
spinache
walnuts
wine

Spices
anise
basil
cayenne pepper
cloves
corlander(cilantro)
ginger
jasmine
mustard
nutmeg
oregano
rosemary
saffron
sage
thyme
vanilla

Information compiled from Lisa Dorfman, (MS, RD, CSSD, LMHC) book entitled “The Tropical Diet.”

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...