More food that will help set the mood

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Since ancient times, aphrodisiac foods, substances that produced various forms of stimulation, have been shown to arouse sexual excitement in two ways: psycho physiological (visual, tactile, olfactory and aural) and internal (stemming from food, alcoholic drinks, drugs, love potions and medical preparations). By nature, these foods represented seed or semen, or were considered inherently to have sexual powers, such as bulbs, eggs, and snails or other foods that were considered stimulating by their physical resemblance to genitalia.

Tropical Diet List of Aphrodisiac Foods

Foods
artichokes
asparagus
almond
arugula
avocado
bananas
carrots
celery
champagne
cherries
chocolate
coffee
dates
eggplan
horseradish
gingko nuts
grapes
mousses
oats
okra
onions
oysters
peaches
pinenuts
pomegranates
quince
spinache
walnuts
wine

Spices
anise
basil
cayenne pepper
cloves
corlander(cilantro)
ginger
jasmine
mustard
nutmeg
oregano
rosemary
saffron
sage
thyme
vanilla

Information compiled from Lisa Dorfman, (MS, RD, CSSD, LMHC) book entitled “The Tropical Diet.”

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Sophomore Evan McKendry rebounded with a dazzling start, and No. 24 Miami handed No. 1 Florida its f ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...