Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingredients

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Better sex could just be one meal away. According to aol.com, you can cook up your own little love spell with these foods:

According to aol.com, the oyster has been a sexy shellfish since the ancient tale of Aphrodite emerging from the sea on an oyster shell. Oysters are good for the heart and get the blood flowing. everywhere.

Pine Nuts
Pine nuts provide some protein to help rev up one’s stamina, but are also heavy in monosaturated fats and zinc, nutrients linked to an increased sexual desire.

Spices get everything hot from the food to the bedroom. Certain spices, such as chili pepper and ginger can help improve circulation, stimulate the nervous system and increase feelings of sexual arousal, while hot spices such as curry and cumin increase body temperature.

The Aztecs named the avocado ahuacale (testicle) because it grows in pairs. It has been shown that foods that resemble particular body parts (bananas, carrots, etc.) can have an arousing effect.

Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate causes the release of serotonin, which helps ease stress, as well as phenylthylamine which causes change in blood pressure and blood-sugar levels, resulting in feelings of excitement.

For more information or recipes to cook up a meal of love, check out the following:
“The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook” by Martha Hopkins, Randall Lockridge
“Great Food, Great Sex” by Robert Fried, Lynn Edlen-Nezin
“Fork Me, Spoon Me: The Sensual Cookbook” by Amy Reiley
“The Tropical Diet” by Lisa Dorfman

Bari Lieberman can be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

Sophomore Bruce Brown announced Thursday that he has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, the University ...

Lots of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday, with the second spring practice session set for Thursday mo ...

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

The Kislak Center opens, aims to advance new forms of scholarship and build bridges across the Unive ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s Miami-spiced book talk spotlighted the One Book, One U initiative. ...

As part of the “It’s On Us” initiative, the former vice president urged the UM community to help com ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek to continue its perfect record at home Frid ...

Amy Deem and the Hurricanes will travel to Los Angeles to compete at the Power 5 Trail Blazer Challe ...

The University of Miami baseball program will host its third annual 'Bark in the Park' gam ...

Miami sophomore guard declares for NBA Draft but will not hire agent. ...

In search of its fourth series win of the spring, the Miami Hurricanes host No. 24 Virginia from Mar ...