Strange News : Man gets lost in NYC for five days

Damon Mootoo, a new comer to New York City, was lost for five days after simply stepping out for a walk. Mootoo was staying at his brother’s house in Queens when he decided to go out on a walk just 12 hours after arriving in New York for the first time. The man, 32, quickly got disoriented. Although Mootoo can speak English, he said he didn’t ask for directions because he was afraid he’d be deported and because he had heard scary stories about New York. Mootoo decided to rough it in abandoned cars and under wood planks to survive the temperatures that dropped into the low 20s. Michal Bharath, was walking home from church when he spotted Mootoo shivering on the street and after he and his wife made Mootoo a sandwich, Mootoo opened up and told them his story. After this experience, Mootoo told the paper, “I want to go home, I’m thinking about going back to Guyana.”

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...