Reviewing the films of Sundance

‘Chapter 27’

Jarrett Schaefer’s film about Mark David Chapman (Jared Leto), John Lennon’s assassin, is disturbing in how it pays homage to a psychotic individual undeserving of a biopic. Leto plays Chapman, a creepy, insecure individual who envisions himself as a reincarnation of Holden Caulfield. It’s a strong performance but begs the question as to why this film was made in the first place. Does every crazed assassin deserve to have his story told? How much meaning can we find in dissecting the lives of mentally disturbed individuals? The film traces Chapman’s actions in the days leading up to Lennon’s assassination but offers no answers or insights into Chapman’s actions.

‘Grace is Gone’

If you took all the bad, clich

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...