Reviewing the films of Sundance

‘Chapter 27’

Jarrett Schaefer’s film about Mark David Chapman (Jared Leto), John Lennon’s assassin, is disturbing in how it pays homage to a psychotic individual undeserving of a biopic. Leto plays Chapman, a creepy, insecure individual who envisions himself as a reincarnation of Holden Caulfield. It’s a strong performance but begs the question as to why this film was made in the first place. Does every crazed assassin deserve to have his story told? How much meaning can we find in dissecting the lives of mentally disturbed individuals? The film traces Chapman’s actions in the days leading up to Lennon’s assassination but offers no answers or insights into Chapman’s actions.

‘Grace is Gone’

If you took all the bad, clich

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...