Reviewing the films of Sundance

‘Chapter 27’

Jarrett Schaefer’s film about Mark David Chapman (Jared Leto), John Lennon’s assassin, is disturbing in how it pays homage to a psychotic individual undeserving of a biopic. Leto plays Chapman, a creepy, insecure individual who envisions himself as a reincarnation of Holden Caulfield. It’s a strong performance but begs the question as to why this film was made in the first place. Does every crazed assassin deserve to have his story told? How much meaning can we find in dissecting the lives of mentally disturbed individuals? The film traces Chapman’s actions in the days leading up to Lennon’s assassination but offers no answers or insights into Chapman’s actions.

‘Grace is Gone’

If you took all the bad, clich

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...