HATS OFF TO THE BUSKERS: The View

Four Scottish lads will attempt to do what many bands in the U.K. try every year-break into the American music scene.

The View, a pop-rock quartet hailing from Dryburgh, has a sound that mimics the propulsive guitar grooves of The Libertines, so it’s no surprise that they are the band’s favorite band and major influence.

The main difference here is that View’s front man isn’t a heavy addict.

Their new album, “Hats Off to the Buskers,” is filled with catchy guitar driven choruses.

Lead singer Kyle Falconer yelps through the album track by track, making him difficult to understand at times.

Guitarist Pete Reilly is a gifted guitarist and shows off his abilities on tracks such as “Comin’ Down.”

The album’s single, “Same Jeans,” is carried by a guitar jangle that resembles early nineties hit “There She Goes” by The La’s. The stand-out song on the album is “Face For Radio,” an acoustic ballad that shows off the softer side of Falconer’s voice as he croons “You have a face for the radio/but I know you like to see it in a show/claiming to be the next best anything/which way will you go?”

“Hats Off to the Buskers” is a solid album that will appeal to the average listener.

Only time will tell if The View will be able to make it in the tough American market, and with previous bands like Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys and Bloc Party striking gold in the states, The View will have a lot to surmount to.

Marcos Col

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...