HATS OFF TO THE BUSKERS: The View

Four Scottish lads will attempt to do what many bands in the U.K. try every year-break into the American music scene.

The View, a pop-rock quartet hailing from Dryburgh, has a sound that mimics the propulsive guitar grooves of The Libertines, so it’s no surprise that they are the band’s favorite band and major influence.

The main difference here is that View’s front man isn’t a heavy addict.

Their new album, “Hats Off to the Buskers,” is filled with catchy guitar driven choruses.

Lead singer Kyle Falconer yelps through the album track by track, making him difficult to understand at times.

Guitarist Pete Reilly is a gifted guitarist and shows off his abilities on tracks such as “Comin’ Down.”

The album’s single, “Same Jeans,” is carried by a guitar jangle that resembles early nineties hit “There She Goes” by The La’s. The stand-out song on the album is “Face For Radio,” an acoustic ballad that shows off the softer side of Falconer’s voice as he croons “You have a face for the radio/but I know you like to see it in a show/claiming to be the next best anything/which way will you go?”

“Hats Off to the Buskers” is a solid album that will appeal to the average listener.

Only time will tell if The View will be able to make it in the tough American market, and with previous bands like Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys and Bloc Party striking gold in the states, The View will have a lot to surmount to.

Marcos Col

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...