UMPD reminder: Possession of a fake ID in Florida now a felony!

Every year more and more college students use fake drivers’ licenses to gain entry into nightclubs, bars, and other alcohol serving establishments. Florida law states that it is unlawful for anyone to knowingly possess or display any blank, forged, stolen, fictitious, counterfeit, or otherwise unlawfully issued driver’s license or identification card. If you are arrested and convicted of possessing a fake ID, a cash fine up to $10,000 is not the only thing you will have to worry about. Imprisonment up to 15 years is also a possible result. What is even more likely is that you will never be able to get the very job you are studying so hard for. A felony conviction means you cannot sit for the Bar exam, get various medical licenses, work for any governmental agency, work for most chemical or pharmaceutical companies, or work in several other fields. You really need to consider if a few drinks before your 21st birthday is worth the risk. Further information on fake IDs and crime prevention is available at www.miami.edu/police, or through the Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...