UMPD reminder: Possession of a fake ID in Florida now a felony!

Every year more and more college students use fake drivers’ licenses to gain entry into nightclubs, bars, and other alcohol serving establishments. Florida law states that it is unlawful for anyone to knowingly possess or display any blank, forged, stolen, fictitious, counterfeit, or otherwise unlawfully issued driver’s license or identification card. If you are arrested and convicted of possessing a fake ID, a cash fine up to $10,000 is not the only thing you will have to worry about. Imprisonment up to 15 years is also a possible result. What is even more likely is that you will never be able to get the very job you are studying so hard for. A felony conviction means you cannot sit for the Bar exam, get various medical licenses, work for any governmental agency, work for most chemical or pharmaceutical companies, or work in several other fields. You really need to consider if a few drinks before your 21st birthday is worth the risk. Further information on fake IDs and crime prevention is available at www.miami.edu/police, or through the Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...