UMPD reminder: Possession of a fake ID in Florida now a felony!

Every year more and more college students use fake drivers’ licenses to gain entry into nightclubs, bars, and other alcohol serving establishments. Florida law states that it is unlawful for anyone to knowingly possess or display any blank, forged, stolen, fictitious, counterfeit, or otherwise unlawfully issued driver’s license or identification card. If you are arrested and convicted of possessing a fake ID, a cash fine up to $10,000 is not the only thing you will have to worry about. Imprisonment up to 15 years is also a possible result. What is even more likely is that you will never be able to get the very job you are studying so hard for. A felony conviction means you cannot sit for the Bar exam, get various medical licenses, work for any governmental agency, work for most chemical or pharmaceutical companies, or work in several other fields. You really need to consider if a few drinks before your 21st birthday is worth the risk. Further information on fake IDs and crime prevention is available at www.miami.edu/police, or through the Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...