Sports Briefs

Football

2007 schedule released

The release of Miami’s 2007 football schedule reveals that Miami has anything but a cakewalk next season. The Hurricanes, who will have one of the nation’s tougher schedules, will play 12 games. Of the 12 games, the team has seven home games and six games against teams that were part of last season’s bowl schedule.

Unlike what fans are used to seeing, the Hurricanes will open the season against Marshall, instead of Florida State. The Hurricanes will play their first four games against non-conference teams, before opening up conference play. The non-conference schedule includes a trip to Oklahoma to play the Sooners and a home game against Texas A&M.

When Miami does open its eight game conference run, they will be faced with the reality of having to play Florida State, Virginia Tech and Boston College on the road.

Women’s Swimming and Diving

Hurricane women defeat Florida International

The Hurricanes’ women’s first home swimming and diving meet of the dual season proved to be a major success.

The competition saw freshman Kelly Peloguin come away with three first place finishes and sophomore Britta Boesing and senior Tara Erwin come away with two first place finishes each. Additionally, junior Jenna Dreyer led the Hurricanes in the one-meter and three-meter diving competitions.

Miami swept Florida International 156-60, advancing them to 3-4 on the season.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...