Sports Briefs

Football

2007 schedule released

The release of Miami’s 2007 football schedule reveals that Miami has anything but a cakewalk next season. The Hurricanes, who will have one of the nation’s tougher schedules, will play 12 games. Of the 12 games, the team has seven home games and six games against teams that were part of last season’s bowl schedule.

Unlike what fans are used to seeing, the Hurricanes will open the season against Marshall, instead of Florida State. The Hurricanes will play their first four games against non-conference teams, before opening up conference play. The non-conference schedule includes a trip to Oklahoma to play the Sooners and a home game against Texas A&M.

When Miami does open its eight game conference run, they will be faced with the reality of having to play Florida State, Virginia Tech and Boston College on the road.

Women’s Swimming and Diving

Hurricane women defeat Florida International

The Hurricanes’ women’s first home swimming and diving meet of the dual season proved to be a major success.

The competition saw freshman Kelly Peloguin come away with three first place finishes and sophomore Britta Boesing and senior Tara Erwin come away with two first place finishes each. Additionally, junior Jenna Dreyer led the Hurricanes in the one-meter and three-meter diving competitions.

Miami swept Florida International 156-60, advancing them to 3-4 on the season.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...