Nephew of UM basketball coach Frank Haith shot in NY

Men’s basketball Head Coach Frank Haith learned Monday night that his nephew was shot and killed in New York.

Sean Bell was leaving his bachelor party and was scheduled to be married the next day. His 23 year life was cut short by 50 rounds of bullets shot at Bell’s car as he and two friends left a strip club in Queens, NY, according to the Associated Press.

Funeral arrangements have been made for Friday, Dec. 1.

Despite the tragic news, Haith accompanied his team to Illinois to take on Northwestern Tuesday night and will return from the funeral for the scheduled Sunday contest against Georgia Tech.

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...