Another type of blackout

More than 140 million shoppers hit the stores on Black Friday weekend, spending an average of $360.15, up 18.9 percent from last year’s $302.81.

One-third of Black Friday shoppers (36.2%) got to their first shopping destination before 6am and men were more likely to wait in line, as 17.3 percent of men said they got to their first store by 4 a.m., compared to 8 percent of women.

47.9 percent of the shoppers were women, yet men outspent women by 38.1 percent. Men spent an average of $420.37 while women spent an average of $304.3.

Traditional department stores were the destination of choice with attendance from 38.8 percent of shoppers as well as specialty retailers like clothing and toy stores with 37.5 percent

And, despite all the shopping, only one in twelve consumers finished their holiday shopping.

Information provided by National Retail Federation’s 2006 Black Friday Weekend Survey

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...