Sports Briefs

VOLLYBALL
Volleyball splits the weekend

Miami split a pair of matches this weekend against by losing to the University of North Carolina 1-3 (30-12, 30-24, 30-28, 30-26) and beating North Carolina State 3-0 (30-23, 30-22, 30-26). The Hurricanes move to 11-18 overall and 8-12 in Atlantic Coast Conference play.

In the first match, North Carolina dominated the first game from start to finish and easily took the first game 30-12.

The second game saw 10 tied scores and six lead changes. Miami would ultimately come away with the victory in the game 30-24.

Miami jumped out to an early 16-11 lead in game three. The Hurricanes extended their advantage to 24-17. The Tar Heels came from behind to take the game 30-28.

The ‘Canes trailed in the final game until they tied the score at 25-all. UNC pulled away at the end of the match and defeated Miami 30-26.

In the second match, Miami put game one away over NC State following an Angelica Eills kill that put the ‘Canes up 16-15. UM easily went on to take the game 30-23.

The Hurricanes jumped out to an early 20-12 lead against the Wolf pack in game two. Miami cruised to an easy 30-22 victory to take a 2-0 in the match.

Miami took the final game 30-26. The ‘Canes held leads of 15-10 and 24-17 before wrapping up the game and the match.

Statistical leaders for Miami included outside hitter Frannie Savage who led Miami in two matches with a combined 20 kills. Setter Jill Robinson posted 67 assists total. Senior Ann Gallo provided 38 digs over the weekend.

FOOTBALL
Reddick rejoins team

Safety Anthony Reddick was reinstated to the team and was active for the team’s game against Virginia on Saturday.

Reddick had been suspended indefinitely for his actions following an Oct. 14 brawl with Florida International University.

After the brawl erupted, Reddick could be seen swinging his helmet at FIU players.

FOOTBALL
UM receiver pleads no contest

Miami receiver Ryan Moore pleaded no contest to two charges that stem from an on-campus altercation involving two women.

Moore entered a prearranged pre-trail program that will keep his record clear as long as he completes 50 hours of community service, anger management courses and pays $1,307 in damages he caused by kicking the car of one of the victims.

Information complied from Hurricanesports.com

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...