Cancer survivor, NFL player tell story of friendship and football

Steven Rom, a two-time cancer survivor and former sports writer, and Rod Payne, a South Florida native who played for University of Michigan before starting a career in the NFL, will be hosting a book signing for “Centered by a Miracle: A True story of Friendship, Football and Life.”

The story centers on a low point for Rom when he was diagnosed with cancer. He and Payne met in 2001 and their friendship, which grew from a love of football, enabled him to overcome the cancer.

Check out thehurricaneonline.com next week for a review of the book.

The book signing and discussion will be held on Thursday, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m. at the Borders Books and Music on S. Dixie Hwy. in Pinecrest. For information and directions call 305-665-8800.

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Cancer survivor, NFL player tell story of friendship and football”

1. tony tolar says:

we are having a old timers flag football game as a fundraizer in
    labelle fl.
    we would likr to contact some ex nfl players that has been efected by cancer.
    863-673-5739 tony

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...