Cancer survivor, NFL player tell story of friendship and football

Steven Rom, a two-time cancer survivor and former sports writer, and Rod Payne, a South Florida native who played for University of Michigan before starting a career in the NFL, will be hosting a book signing for “Centered by a Miracle: A True story of Friendship, Football and Life.”

The story centers on a low point for Rom when he was diagnosed with cancer. He and Payne met in 2001 and their friendship, which grew from a love of football, enabled him to overcome the cancer.

Check out thehurricaneonline.com next week for a review of the book.

The book signing and discussion will be held on Thursday, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m. at the Borders Books and Music on S. Dixie Hwy. in Pinecrest. For information and directions call 305-665-8800.

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Cancer survivor, NFL player tell story of friendship and football”

1. tony tolar says:

we are having a old timers flag football game as a fundraizer in
    labelle fl.
    we would likr to contact some ex nfl players that has been efected by cancer.
    863-673-5739 tony

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...