Letter to the Editor:

Matthew Bunch recently questioned the national media piling on the University of Miami as “Thug U” in the wake of the death of Bryan Pata. This, unfortunately, is nothing new. While he correctly points out that other universities have their fair share of “problems,” it seems unfair our University of Miami receives the reputation it has. When something unfortunate happens, as it did against FIU, incidents from 15 years ago will appear as if they were yesterday. However, this is a lesson that every ‘Cane must learn. Though this might be our reputation, stay proud of the greatness that exists within the University of Miami. And as for the national media, just remember, “It’s a ‘Canes thing, they wouldn’t understand.”

JT Thomson
Class of ’05

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...