Letter to the Editor:

Matthew Bunch recently questioned the national media piling on the University of Miami as “Thug U” in the wake of the death of Bryan Pata. This, unfortunately, is nothing new. While he correctly points out that other universities have their fair share of “problems,” it seems unfair our University of Miami receives the reputation it has. When something unfortunate happens, as it did against FIU, incidents from 15 years ago will appear as if they were yesterday. However, this is a lesson that every ‘Cane must learn. Though this might be our reputation, stay proud of the greatness that exists within the University of Miami. And as for the national media, just remember, “It’s a ‘Canes thing, they wouldn’t understand.”

JT Thomson
Class of ’05

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...