Letter to the Editor:

Matthew Bunch recently questioned the national media piling on the University of Miami as “Thug U” in the wake of the death of Bryan Pata. This, unfortunately, is nothing new. While he correctly points out that other universities have their fair share of “problems,” it seems unfair our University of Miami receives the reputation it has. When something unfortunate happens, as it did against FIU, incidents from 15 years ago will appear as if they were yesterday. However, this is a lesson that every ‘Cane must learn. Though this might be our reputation, stay proud of the greatness that exists within the University of Miami. And as for the national media, just remember, “It’s a ‘Canes thing, they wouldn’t understand.”

JT Thomson
Class of ’05

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...

The University of Miami baseball team will host visiting Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginnin ...

Johnson, Mack and McGusty join Hurricanes' program for 2018-19 season. ...

Kasey Crider was named Miami volleyball's associate head coach after three seasons on head coac ...