case of the ‘blahs’? pick yourself up and notice your worth!

The end of the semester is almost here. I feel like I have done nothing with myself the past few months. I mean, I know that I’ve done stuff, but I just don’t feel like I’ve accomplished much of anything. Where the hell did the time go? I feel like just yesterday it was September, and I was looking forward to an awesome semester. Now I’m sad it’s almost over. Sometimes, I feel this way about my entire life. Like, what am I doing with myself? It’s not like I’m psycho and feel out of control, I don’t know, I just feel a little lost.

Lost

Dear Reader,

I don’t think that your feelings are all that unusual at all. You’ve got to figure, at the very least, that you did something interesting and entertaining with your time considering that, well, as they say, your time this semester “flew by” without you noticing all that much. I think that a lot of stressed out, goal-oriented, busy, and ambitious people feel this way – add in some sleep deprivation (a natural byproduct of being a busy bee!) and you’ve got a recipe for the blahs, or worse, feeling like you haven’t accomplished all that much.

Of course, you must put things in perspective. Let’s see, you are one human being who can only study so much, drink so much, love so much, befriend so much. Do you get the drift here? Don’t get down on yourself because there is only so much time in the day for you to be an active person. You’ve got to sleep, too, you know!

Anywhoo, if you feel like you’re coming down with a serious case of the blahs, it might be time to figure out where your time is going or maybe construct some kind of activity schedule by which you can allot yourself time for certain activities. Also, I don’t think many students realize just how much their eating/consumption habits affect the way that they feel about themselves day in and day out, but perhaps adding some fresh veggies, fruits, and whole grains to your diet might help to perk you up and energize you a bit more; a person can only drink so much coffee.

Last but not least, the counseling center or some kind of professional help is always an option if you feel like your blahs are becoming just a bit too much to handle.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.In a poll conducted on over 5,000 British men, 74% percent of them found a woman with long hair to be more sexually attractive, 12% percent of the men considered women with short hair to be more sexually attractive, and the rest had no preference either way.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...