case of the ‘blahs’? pick yourself up and notice your worth!

The end of the semester is almost here. I feel like I have done nothing with myself the past few months. I mean, I know that I’ve done stuff, but I just don’t feel like I’ve accomplished much of anything. Where the hell did the time go? I feel like just yesterday it was September, and I was looking forward to an awesome semester. Now I’m sad it’s almost over. Sometimes, I feel this way about my entire life. Like, what am I doing with myself? It’s not like I’m psycho and feel out of control, I don’t know, I just feel a little lost.

Lost

Dear Reader,

I don’t think that your feelings are all that unusual at all. You’ve got to figure, at the very least, that you did something interesting and entertaining with your time considering that, well, as they say, your time this semester “flew by” without you noticing all that much. I think that a lot of stressed out, goal-oriented, busy, and ambitious people feel this way – add in some sleep deprivation (a natural byproduct of being a busy bee!) and you’ve got a recipe for the blahs, or worse, feeling like you haven’t accomplished all that much.

Of course, you must put things in perspective. Let’s see, you are one human being who can only study so much, drink so much, love so much, befriend so much. Do you get the drift here? Don’t get down on yourself because there is only so much time in the day for you to be an active person. You’ve got to sleep, too, you know!

Anywhoo, if you feel like you’re coming down with a serious case of the blahs, it might be time to figure out where your time is going or maybe construct some kind of activity schedule by which you can allot yourself time for certain activities. Also, I don’t think many students realize just how much their eating/consumption habits affect the way that they feel about themselves day in and day out, but perhaps adding some fresh veggies, fruits, and whole grains to your diet might help to perk you up and energize you a bit more; a person can only drink so much coffee.

Last but not least, the counseling center or some kind of professional help is always an option if you feel like your blahs are becoming just a bit too much to handle.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.In a poll conducted on over 5,000 British men, 74% percent of them found a woman with long hair to be more sexually attractive, 12% percent of the men considered women with short hair to be more sexually attractive, and the rest had no preference either way.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...