Sports Briefs

Seniors Frannie Savage, Jill Robinson, Ann Gallo and Sara Duncan fell short in their effort to win on senior night last Saturday. Virginia defeated Miami 3-1 (26-30, 30-24, 30-24, 30-26).

With the victory, Virginia improves to 20-6 overall and 13-4 in Atlantic Coast Conference play. Miami drops to 10-16 and 7-10 in the ACC.

Savage had 11 kills, putting her 11 kills away from 400 on the season.

Robinson put together her 13th double-double on the season with 42 assists and 10 digs.

Gallo led the team with 19 digs and leads Miami overall with 271 on the year.

Duncan has started 10 of the 24 matches she has appeared in this season. She has totaled 127 kills in her final season.

The Hurricanes play their final four matches on the road.

Men’s Basketball

Head Coach Frank Haith announced the signing of Miami Senior High guard Edwin Rios and Southern Durham High School’s Julian Gamble.

Rios is the 16th ranked point guard by In 2005, Rios led Miami Senior to a Class 6A title and was named 1st team All-State.

Gamble attends the same high school that current Miami center Anthony King graduated from. Gamble is the 22nd ranked center by

Rios averaged 17 points per game to lead Southern Durham to a 19-10 record last season.

Women’s Basketball

Head Coach Katie Meier announced the signing of three players for next season. Briyana Blair, Damisha Moore and Epiphany Woodson all signed letters of intent to play for Miami.

Blair is a 5 foot 10 inch guard/forward out of Orlando, Fla. She averaged 12 points and 4.8 rebounds last season at Boone High School in route to her second straight All-State Honorable Mention selection.

Moore has averaged at least 25 points and 11 rebounds over the past two seasons at Cartersville (Ga.) High School. She is a two-time Atlanta Journal Constitution First Team selection.

Woodson is the most decorated of the three players. She is a 2007 McDonald’s All-America nominee, 2006 Street and Smith Preseason Honorable Mention All-American and is ranked as one of the top 100 players by

Men’s Tennis

Head Coach Mario Rincon has announced the 2007 spring dual meet men’s tennis schedule. Miami’s schedule features 11 home matches.

Of the 19 overall matches, 11 of the matches will be against teams that participated in the 2006 NCAA Tournament.

The Hurricanes will open the spring season on Jan. 24 against Stetson at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Information complied from

It was just two and a half short months ago that the Miami Hurricanes walked off the field at Hard R ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Friday: ▪ Four-star Oregon-based quarterback Michael Johnson Jr. told Ri ...

On the eve of her team’s NCAA Tournament opener, University of Miami coach Katie Meier took the oppo ...

The defeated and deflated Miami Hurricanes quietly packed up their bags and trudged out of their Ame ...

Even before Donte Ingram broke Miami’s heart and sent the Hurricanes home from the NCAA Tournament w ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

The University of Miami takes concrete steps to become the hemispheric university as it builds a rel ...

Miami's offense shook off a slow start to the series, and the Hurricanes departed Durham Bulls ...

View some of the best pictures from the No. 31 Miami women's tennis team's 5-2 victory ove ...

The No. 31 Miami women's tennis team posted its seventh win in the past eight outings by toppin ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team was just a point away from its first true road victor ...

The University of Miami rowing team closed out its spring opener at the 2018 Oak Ridge Cardinal Invi ...