not clicking with anyone? step out of that comfort zone!

Dear V

I am in school here, and so far it’s great, although I am very far away from home. I enjoy my classes and my major, and I have met a ton of people, but I miss my old friends a lot, and I don’t think that I will be able to find anyone who compares to them. I have made a few friends, but I haven’t found anyone yet who I can see myself being real friends with. Also, I am kind of upset because all of my old friends seem to be making tons of new friends, and I just can’t seem to let go that easily.

Holding on to the Past

Dear Reader,

I am assuming from your letter that you are a freshman. For some people, making friends is really, really easy, but it’s not so easy for other people, for whatever reasons. For me, personally, I met my best friends from college during my freshman year, but, for a lot of people, it doesn’t work like that. I am of the opinion that you pick up good friends randomly throughout your travels, and, like most things in this life, you can’t really control the people with whom you will click the best; it just happens that you enjoy and will enjoy the company of some more than you will enjoy the company of others.

Perhaps, you ought to try stepping out of your comfort zone a little bit because I have a strong feeling that your apprehensions about really letting loose with these new friends is what is holding you back from having genuinely strong connections with these people. True, it will be difficult at first, but what else are you going to do? You will go crazy if you feel as if there is no one upon whom you can rely. Likewise, you must continue to go out and meet people – there is no harm in being friendly!

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day…Women prefer a man with a tight and muscular butt because it signals to her that he has the ability to make the strong, thrusting forward motion necessary for the act of sexual intercourse…

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...