Soul-singing producer has what it takes

If there is any artist out there trying to compare to the great soul singers of the past, Robin Thicke is definitely that artist. With his sophomore debut, “The Evolution of Robin Thicke”, the soul-singing white boy’s voice is a smooth as Lou Rawls in his prime.

The lyrics in the album illustrate stories of love, finding hope and temptation. In 2005, Pharrell Williams signed Thicke to his Star Trak label and has even been quoted saying that Thicke “is going to change music”. I wouldn’t go as far as saying he will change music, however, this album is one sexy-ass ride through and through.

The Grammy award winning songwriter/producer invites Lil’ Wayne and Faith Evans in on songs “All Night Long” and “Got 2 Be Down.” The melody in the album is superb and Thicke’s voice is truly soulful and heartfelt. R&B fans all around should definitely give this album a listen. A title like this for an album would be expected by artists like Stevie Wonder or Michael Jackson; guys who have been around the block once or twice, but Thicke will definitely be around long enough in the spotlight for those to notice his evolution.

Marcos Col

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...