Chief Justice Roberts to speak at BankUnited Center

John G. Roberts, Jr., chief justice of the United States Supreme Court, will speak as a part of the University Lecutre series at the BankUnited Center on Nov. 13 at 7 p.m.

Jan Crawford Greenburg, an ABC News Supreme Court correspondent, will facilitate the event, which will feature a question and answer session.

He will also visit a communication, law and history class on Nov. 14.

Roberts received his law degree from the Harvard School of Law in 1979. After graduation, he served as a law clerk for Judge Henry Friendly on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, according to the Supreme Court website. He later clerked at U.S. Supreme Court for then-Associate Justice William Rehnquist, along with Dean Colson, chairman of the UM Board of Trustees.

Roberts then joined the Reagan administration in 1981 as special assistant to then-U.S. Attorney General William French Smith. From 1982 to 1986 Roberts served as associate counsel to President Reagan and was later appointed principal deputy solicitor general from 1989 to 1993.

Roberts was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. He was nominated as Chief Justice of the United States by President George W. Bush and took his seat on Sept. 29, 2005.

Roberts lives in Washington D.C. with his wife of ten years, Jane Marie Sullivan, and their two children, Josephine and John.

Marina Nazir also contributed to this article.

Greg Linch may be contacted at g.linch@umiami.edu.

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...

The University of Miami baseball team will host visiting Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginnin ...

Johnson, Mack and McGusty join Hurricanes' program for 2018-19 season. ...

Kasey Crider was named Miami volleyball's associate head coach after three seasons on head coac ...