A list of disposable items and people at UM

Diverting my usual attention from writing brilliant articles, my suite-mate and I, in our first three months on campus, have noticed certain things and people that UM could simply do without, so we have compiled a list of 50 of them.

Note: if in reading this article you take offense to a particular item listed, we do not sympathize with you and are not sorry.

Midget-friendly showers – Referring to the dining hall as “Chartwell’s” – Chartwell’s – The gate at the main entrance – The hookah ban – People who walk around singing with a boombox – Band practice – Crocks (the sandals) – Guys who pop their collar – Guys who wear more than one polo shirt at a time and pop both collars

Eaton Residential College – WVUM – Larry Coker/Kyle Wright – Lance Armstrong/Tony Hawk wannabes who fly by with little remorse (this isn’t the Tour de UM) – People who camp out in the laundry rooms

People who consider, for even a second, having a pet salamander – Sweatshirts – Volvo’s ridin’ on dubs – Skateboards – People in the study lounges on Friday or Saturday nights

The infestation of Philadelphia Eagles fans at the Rat – Signing in – False hopes of the Hecht/Stanford ice cream machine returning -Mahoney/Pearson arsonists – Kids who impose their terrible taste in music by blasting their speakers – RAs – People with ambition – 8AM classes – People who break chairs and throw them into the lake – Angry UM (Chartwell’s) Employees

Girls who have an abortion two weeks into school – Wearing aviators for any other purpose besides comic relief – “Quiet Floors” – Guys laying out tanning on the intramural fields – People who find it necessary to wear receiver gloves while playing simple football catch on the intramural fields – Shirtless guys

Kids who have enough time to make a list this long – V-Neck t-shirts – Substance-free housing-Holding Dorm doors open for people causing them to awkwardly jog through them – Too much UM gear – The Hurry ‘Cane, or rather, the sorry excuse for a pun that serves no purpose – True fans of the girls’ volleyball team – Extreme levels of excitement for the one day of “Fall Break”

Anyone who questions the validity of USA Today – Bookstore prices – Those, like Hansel, who think they’re “too cool for school, but really “aren’t”

Cops with Tasers – Double secret disciplinary probation

Dan Brookman contributed to this column.

Adam Flomenbaum may be contacted at a.flomenbaum@umiami.edu. The Adam and Dan may also be contacted outside of Eaton on their Cigar Night (Sundays).

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...