Need Halloween plans? Keep reading…

Already attended Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights? Looking to celebrate Halloween a little closer to home? South Florida has everything you could want to make this year’s ghoulish get together spooktacular.

Halloween on Lincoln Road
Time: 5 p.m.- 1 a.m.
What: Lincoln Road merchants will be handing out candy for the kids from 5-6 p.m. and starting at around 9 p.m. come dressed in costume to win prizes and see the darker side of the South Beach. For more information call 786-355-4848.

‘The Birds’ Halloween at the Forge
Time: Starts at 10 p.m.
What: An Alfred Hitchcock-themed party. Come dressed in costume and celebrate Halloween with Ford Models.
RSVP: 305-538-8533

Gross Out Science
Time: 6-9 p.m.
Where: Museum of Discovery and Science
What: Maybe this is intended for the kids, but who doesn’t love a little cheesy fun on Halloween? Dr. Frank Einstein will open his haunted lab for some ghoulish fun ranging from slime making and monster taming (beware if you’re afraid of spiders) and gross makeup. There will also be pumpkin painting, crafts and lots of candy, perfect for the traditional kiddy Halloween. For more information, contact the museum at 954-467-6637.

Halloween Costume Contest
Time: 7 p.m., 6:30 p.m. for contestants
Where: The Rat
What: Enter to win giftcard prizes or just come to watch your fellow ‘Canes parade around in their best Halloween get-ups.

Halloween Spooktacular
Time: 3-6 p.m.
Where: Young at Art Museum in Davie, Florida
What: Fun includes games, Day of the Dead art workshops, costume parade, trick-or-treating and more. Cost is $8; for more information call 954-424-0085.

Tropical Monster Bash
Time: 6:30-9 p.m.
Where: Hollywood Beach Theater
What: From 6:30-7:30 p.m., kids can enjoy trick-or-treating along Hollywood Beach’s boardwalk and starting at 7:30 p.m. there will be live music and costume contests. For more information call 954-921-3404.

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...