ladies: don’t wait for guys who won’t commit. go have fun!

I have been dating this guy on and off for a very, very long time now. I like him a lot, and I think that he likes me, but he won’t commit to a relationship with me.

Whenever I do try and bring up the issue of a relationship, he just reminds me of the fact that he isn’t interested in one, which is really upsetting to me.

I know that he is seeing other girls, but I can’t quite get over him enough to see other guys. Really, I only want to date this guy!

Not Going Anywhere

Dear Reader,

Well, as far as I’m concerned, you can either stay in this rut and hope and pray and cast spells on this boy to turn his head around your way, or you can stop seeing him altogether, and work on finding someone new.

The way that I see it right now, you pretty much only have these options because he has already stated his answer loudly and clearly. Furthermore, if you have been seeing this guy on and off for a few months, I think that you are well aware of the weirdo emotional rollercoaster upon which your involvement in this thing has deposited you.

I think that you ought to get out of this thing while you still can, and even though it will be impossibly difficult to do so, it will probably be the only way that you will be able to detach yourself from him and be able to move on. I am always of the opinion that the only way to get over someone old is to find someone new.

Of course, I think we all know how hard it is to actually pick up and move on, but honestly, if you are dissatisfied with the current state of your romantic life, what else are you going to do?

You are the only person who can change your situation, and since it’s obvious that, at present, you can’t change his mind, you have to try your very hardest to change your own mindset about the situation.

Along the lines of finding someone new, if this guy is less of a son of a beast that he portrays himself to be, once you stop going back to him, he may just realize that he misses what he used to think came oh, so easily (aka, you!).

Then, of course, you will be faced with another dilemma (courtesy of him-shocking!), but until that time comes along, it might be a fairly good idea to consider yourself as a lady who is “on the prowl.”

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.According to an Italian study, as a man’s sexual activity increases, it is likely that his testosterone levels will also increase.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

No. 7 seed Hurricanes staged a late comeback to win their opening game at the 2018 ACC Championship, ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA National Player to Watch hon ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano will face Arkansas' Osca ...

The bracket for the NCAA Singles Championship is set and Miami sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba will ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...