ladies: don’t wait for guys who won’t commit. go have fun!

I have been dating this guy on and off for a very, very long time now. I like him a lot, and I think that he likes me, but he won’t commit to a relationship with me.

Whenever I do try and bring up the issue of a relationship, he just reminds me of the fact that he isn’t interested in one, which is really upsetting to me.

I know that he is seeing other girls, but I can’t quite get over him enough to see other guys. Really, I only want to date this guy!

Not Going Anywhere

Dear Reader,

Well, as far as I’m concerned, you can either stay in this rut and hope and pray and cast spells on this boy to turn his head around your way, or you can stop seeing him altogether, and work on finding someone new.

The way that I see it right now, you pretty much only have these options because he has already stated his answer loudly and clearly. Furthermore, if you have been seeing this guy on and off for a few months, I think that you are well aware of the weirdo emotional rollercoaster upon which your involvement in this thing has deposited you.

I think that you ought to get out of this thing while you still can, and even though it will be impossibly difficult to do so, it will probably be the only way that you will be able to detach yourself from him and be able to move on. I am always of the opinion that the only way to get over someone old is to find someone new.

Of course, I think we all know how hard it is to actually pick up and move on, but honestly, if you are dissatisfied with the current state of your romantic life, what else are you going to do?

You are the only person who can change your situation, and since it’s obvious that, at present, you can’t change his mind, you have to try your very hardest to change your own mindset about the situation.

Along the lines of finding someone new, if this guy is less of a son of a beast that he portrays himself to be, once you stop going back to him, he may just realize that he misses what he used to think came oh, so easily (aka, you!).

Then, of course, you will be faced with another dilemma (courtesy of him-shocking!), but until that time comes along, it might be a fairly good idea to consider yourself as a lady who is “on the prowl.”

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.According to an Italian study, as a man’s sexual activity increases, it is likely that his testosterone levels will also increase.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...