Yet another pop-punk band

Another band comes parading into the spotlight in the form of Atlanta based pop-punk quartet Cartel. With their debut album for Epic Records, Chroma, these boys sound a lot like.well every other pop-punk band on the market ranging from Yellowcard to The Academy Is.

Lead singer Will Pugh’s clear and melodic pipes have a striking resemblance to The Academy Is’ very own William Beckett.two Wills with similar vocals: hell of a coincidence if I may say so.

Chroma’s title track, “Say Anything,” does have an intro that would catch anyone’s attention, but as the song continues, only the interest of pre-teens and teenagers will be attained. The lyrics in the album can be guessed by anyone who’s heard a pop-punk album before; very clich

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...