Yet another pop-punk band

Another band comes parading into the spotlight in the form of Atlanta based pop-punk quartet Cartel. With their debut album for Epic Records, Chroma, these boys sound a lot like.well every other pop-punk band on the market ranging from Yellowcard to The Academy Is.

Lead singer Will Pugh’s clear and melodic pipes have a striking resemblance to The Academy Is’ very own William Beckett.two Wills with similar vocals: hell of a coincidence if I may say so.

Chroma’s title track, “Say Anything,” does have an intro that would catch anyone’s attention, but as the song continues, only the interest of pre-teens and teenagers will be attained. The lyrics in the album can be guessed by anyone who’s heard a pop-punk album before; very clich

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...