Heinicke dominates in victory over North Florida

Forward Bryn Heinicke scored two goals while North Florida only netted one in a 4-1 victory by Miami women’s soccer on Tuesday at Cobb Stadium.

The four goals by the Hurricanes marked the largest goal output in one game by Miami since the 2002 season. Miami improves to 8-8-1 overall with the win and North Florida drops to 11-5-1 on the season.

The Hurricanes defense swallowed up all offensive threats by the Ospreys. UM goalie Lauren McAdam saw only three shots overall and only one on goal. Meanwhile, the ‘Canes made 11 attempts at the North Florida goal.

Heinicke’s first goal marked the only scoring of the first half and gave Miami a quick 1-0 lead. Paulelette Ricks-Chambers set up the goal with a pass to the right side of the box where Heinicke put the ball into the far-left corner from 20 yards out for the goal in the 17th minute.

It took the Hurricanes until the 48th minute to score again. This time Rachael Rigamat beat UNF goalie Heather Gosselin to just inside the far-left post for Rigamat’s fifth goal on the season.

North Florida answered back in the 53rd minute with a goal by Christine Brewer aided by an assist from Lena Mullaney to draw UNF to within a goal 2-1.

Heinicke would answer back with her final score of the game two minutes later on a Sheuneen Ta assist. Jessica Wyble added a final insurance goal for Miami in the 66th minute, which ended the scoring 4-1.

“I really thought everyone played well tonight,” Head Coach Tricia Taliaferro told Hurricanesports.com. “I think we were extremely creative in the shots we were able to take. I was really pleased with the way we scored, every goal seem to come out of a different situation.”

Miami finishes up the regular season tonight against Duke tonight at Cobb Stadium at 7 p.m. The Hurricanes have already been eliminated from Atlantic Coast Conference tournament contention.

Denis Brown may be contacted at dbrown@umsis.miami.edu.

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

Keep your computers and TVs going during the second night of the NFL Draft on April 27, as at least ...

University of Miami cornerback Michael Jackson loves that turnover chain, but not nearly as much as ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The 13th annual UM Family Night with the Miami Marlins lives up to its name. ...

It’s been a year and half since his wife of almost 52 years, Nancy T. Clasby, a pioneering English p ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will begin the final weekend of its regular season wi ...

Eight members of the University of Miami track and field team earned All-ACC Academic honors for the ...

The UMSHoF will hold their 50th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Thursday, April 19th at Jungle Is ...

Nine members of the University of Miami track and field team will represent the Hurricanes at the Vi ...

A pair of University of Miami divers were selected to the All-ACC Academic Women's Swimming ...