Strange News

Skier Lifts Wife for Beer Prize

John Farra, a former Winter Olympian from Caribou won the seventh annual North American Wife Carrying Championship last week. Apparently, he practiced for this great feat in Maine by running up a ski slope with 80 pounds of mortar mix. His first place finish earned him and his 110 pound wife Tess her weight in beer and five times her weight in cash ($550 – for those who are mathematically challenged). They are also eligible for a $1,000 reimbursement toward a trip to the world championships in Finland next July.

Material Girl has Third Child

Madonna and Guy Ritchie have decided to add a member to their family. They have left Malawi with a one-year-old boy after receiving a judge’s approval along with the proper adoption papers. The father of the adopted boy said he realized Madonna would be adopting his son for the first time when they met in court to go over the legal formalities. He described the family as a “lovely couple” and said that Madonna promised to bring back the adopted son to Malawi to visit.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...