Ex-Mossad chief critiques Israeli handling of recent war

All wars are a reality check, a former Israeli intelligence chief told a group of mostly seniors at the 11th annual Taffy Gould Lecture on Oct. 11.

Uzi Arad, who served with the Israeli intelligence agency, Mossad, for 25 years, gave his lecture to an audience of 100 people at the Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies.

Arad is also the founder of the annual Herzliya Conference on Israel’s national security and resilience and is the director of the Institute of Policy and Strategy at the Lauder School of Government at the Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center in Israel.

His lecture, entitled “The Aftermath of Lebanon: Israel’s National Security Revisited,” focused on Israel’s military and security as well as on measures taken by Israeli officials which, in Arad’s opinion, led to the recent Israel-Lebanon conflict.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...