Strange News

MARINE AUCTIONING OFF HIS NAME

Sgt. Cody Baker from Alabama who was recently stationed in Japan is transferring to Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, North Carolina this month. In order to raise money for his family and for an orphanage in Thailand, this 29 year-old Marine was sparked up with the idea of running an online auction in which the winning bidder will get to give him a new name- one that will be legal and binding. To bid on this you can check out Baker’s Web site at www.choosemyname.com. The first bid came up with the name “Mr. Clean,” and later bids included George Bailey of Bedford Falls and Mr. Right. The stakes are high though now with online coffee vendors wanting in on the auction to use it as marketing propaganda so that Baker’s name tape on his marine uniform will display “Finest Freshest Fastest.”

BAKER MAKES TASTY WEDDING DRESS

Ukrainian baker Valentyn Shtefano surprised his wife-to-be by making her a brand new wedding dress – out of flower, eggs, sugar and caramel. The dress – made of 1,500 cream puffs and weighing 20 pounds-took the 28-year-old baker two months to make and will be worn later this year when the two are wed.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...