if hetero sex has you squeamish, you should self-reflect

I never thought that I (a guy!!) would actually be writing in to your column one day…but I have found myself in a rather difficult situation. I have been seeing a girl off and on for the past few months and things are beginning to get rather serious between us. During our last date, she made several sexual advances towards me. Now, normally, this would not be a problem, but I freaked out! I am not into vaginal sex, I really get off on anal-oral sex or just anal sex. Am I weird? Am I different? Am I gay? I really think I like this woman!

But how can things ever work out between us???

Begayed …

Dear Reader,

Although you are the only person who can determine your own sexual orientation, the fact that you are “freaked out,” by her sexual advances coupled with your preferences for sexual activity may or may not be an indicator for your future with this girl.

It is very possible that you’ve been dating someone for whom you have no sexual attraction, and if this is the case, perhaps it is time for you to end things considering that her most recent actions indicate her own desire for something more than you have with her now. However, just because you don’t dig her sexually doesn’t mean that you’re not going to have a thing for some other girl who walks your way.

Like a lot of other human behaviors, research suggests that much of the actual physical act of sex is a conditioned response to prior experiences. I am curious as to how you have determined your own predilection towards anal and oral sex. Have you ever had “unsuccessful” vaginal intercourse with a woman, and then from that one soured experience erroneously determined that you don’t like vaginal sex? Have you ever had vaginal intercourse, period?

Perhaps it’s your own anxiety about the situation that is leading you to avoid the act. Regardless, perhaps you and this girl will need to talk about future expectations for your relationship and continue from there.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.Women utilize approximately 14-17 parts of their brains in face-to-face contact with another person to detect lies, emotions, and other indicators about another, whereas men only use four to seven different areas of their brains during up close and personal communication.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...