Freshman Survival 101: Dorm showers

There is one thing in the dorms that I would not wish upon anyone in the world (besides any future college freshmen): using the dorm showers. I would like to challenge anyone to a duel if they can think of anything worse than using the girls’ showers in the freshman dorms.

Here is a typical ten-minute shower experience: I slip on my shower shoes and arm myself with a towel in one hand and a shower caddy in the other. I head towards the illuminating fluorescent lighting of the bathroom and begin my search for the utopian shower-or rather, the least crappy.

There are four kinds of crappy showers: the one where the water pressure in the showerhead is so high that it can knock anyone unconscious, the one where the water pressure is so low it feels like the showerhead is spitting on you (while you are going blind as the shampoo slowly penetrates into your eye, detaching your retina), the bipolar shower that randomly switches between scalding you like a hair iron and freezing you into the next

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...