Freshman Survival 101: Dorm showers

There is one thing in the dorms that I would not wish upon anyone in the world (besides any future college freshmen): using the dorm showers. I would like to challenge anyone to a duel if they can think of anything worse than using the girls’ showers in the freshman dorms.

Here is a typical ten-minute shower experience: I slip on my shower shoes and arm myself with a towel in one hand and a shower caddy in the other. I head towards the illuminating fluorescent lighting of the bathroom and begin my search for the utopian shower-or rather, the least crappy.

There are four kinds of crappy showers: the one where the water pressure in the showerhead is so high that it can knock anyone unconscious, the one where the water pressure is so low it feels like the showerhead is spitting on you (while you are going blind as the shampoo slowly penetrates into your eye, detaching your retina), the bipolar shower that randomly switches between scalding you like a hair iron and freezing you into the next

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...