Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

There you are in the club, looking your hottest, when you notice that good-looking guy over in the corner checking you out. This could be good, you think to yourself, as he starts making his way toward you. And then, he opens his mouth and smoothly says, “Hey pretty baby, if I told you that you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?” Moment ruined.

Guys, if you haven’t already figured it out, pick-up lines just don’t work. Is there anything more impersonal and pathetic than using some cheesy line you got off a sleazy website from guys who claim to be “big pimpin'”? Those guys probably got all of their girl skills from a Star Trek convention. Now, do you really want to be taking their advice? I don’t think so.

I’ve heard all sorts of pick-up lines. They range from the highly sexual (“Do you clean your pants with Windex? Cause I can see myself in them.”) to the highly odd (“My love for you is like explosive diarrhea, I just can’t hold it in!) to even the more humorous ones (“Are you a Pok