Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

There you are in the club, looking your hottest, when you notice that good-looking guy over in the corner checking you out. This could be good, you think to yourself, as he starts making his way toward you. And then, he opens his mouth and smoothly says, “Hey pretty baby, if I told you that you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?” Moment ruined.

Guys, if you haven’t already figured it out, pick-up lines just don’t work. Is there anything more impersonal and pathetic than using some cheesy line you got off a sleazy website from guys who claim to be “big pimpin'”? Those guys probably got all of their girl skills from a Star Trek convention. Now, do you really want to be taking their advice? I don’t think so.

I’ve heard all sorts of pick-up lines. They range from the highly sexual (“Do you clean your pants with Windex? Cause I can see myself in them.”) to the highly odd (“My love for you is like explosive diarrhea, I just can’t hold it in!) to even the more humorous ones (“Are you a Pok

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...