What about Wednesday?

Often seen as the “catch-up with homework” day of the week, Wednesday has been often ignored as another opportunity to go out and experience Miami. And quite honestly, if you remember that Wednesday is hump day, you might want to rethink your activities and make Wednesday the best day of the week.

Ladies’ Night

What a better way to celebrate than with free drinks? From 10 p.m.-1 a.m., ladies can drink free and listen to live music provided by various DJ’s at Bougainvillea’s Old Florida Tavern-right across from Shops at Sunset Place.

Live Music

Or maybe you would prefer to get your groove on right next to campus at Titanic Brewery, which features Blues Jams with Chris Cosner every Wednesday night from around 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.

Dancing Scene

Every Wednesday, UVA Restaurant and Lounge has happy hour from 5 p.m.-9 p.m. with $1 drinks and featuring live music from DJ Pablo Ferreria. Be sure to order the dulce de leche martini to complement their incredible hummus and pita appetizer and dance the night away.

Cocktail Hour

From 6 p.m.-close, you can watch girls strut their stuff wearing clothes from Neiman Marcus while sipping on half-price cocktails and complimentary hors d’oeuvres at The Biltmore Bar’s “What’s Hip Wednesdays.” Plus, admission and parking are free.

For The Intellectual

Drinking and dancing not your thing? Check out booksandbooks.com for upcoming author events at the Coral Gables location. This upcoming Wednesday, October 11 features author William Sleator and his novel Hell Phone.

So, get off your couch, put down your textbooks, throw on your special outfit and start giving Wednesday night the attention it deserves.

Bari Lieberman is the EDGE Editor and may be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...