What about Wednesday?

Often seen as the “catch-up with homework” day of the week, Wednesday has been often ignored as another opportunity to go out and experience Miami. And quite honestly, if you remember that Wednesday is hump day, you might want to rethink your activities and make Wednesday the best day of the week.

Ladies’ Night

What a better way to celebrate than with free drinks? From 10 p.m.-1 a.m., ladies can drink free and listen to live music provided by various DJ’s at Bougainvillea’s Old Florida Tavern-right across from Shops at Sunset Place.

Live Music

Or maybe you would prefer to get your groove on right next to campus at Titanic Brewery, which features Blues Jams with Chris Cosner every Wednesday night from around 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.

Dancing Scene

Every Wednesday, UVA Restaurant and Lounge has happy hour from 5 p.m.-9 p.m. with $1 drinks and featuring live music from DJ Pablo Ferreria. Be sure to order the dulce de leche martini to complement their incredible hummus and pita appetizer and dance the night away.

Cocktail Hour

From 6 p.m.-close, you can watch girls strut their stuff wearing clothes from Neiman Marcus while sipping on half-price cocktails and complimentary hors d’oeuvres at The Biltmore Bar’s “What’s Hip Wednesdays.” Plus, admission and parking are free.

For The Intellectual

Drinking and dancing not your thing? Check out booksandbooks.com for upcoming author events at the Coral Gables location. This upcoming Wednesday, October 11 features author William Sleator and his novel Hell Phone.

So, get off your couch, put down your textbooks, throw on your special outfit and start giving Wednesday night the attention it deserves.

Bari Lieberman is the EDGE Editor and may be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...