Strange News

Spray Away the Pounds

If you’re tired of yo-yo dieting and countless hours spent at the gym, then according to CLAmor, you can just spray off your excess weight! CLAmor is a weight-loss supplement that you spray on your food. They come in delicious flavors such as butter, olive oils, garlic and plain. The main ingredient is ClarinolT, which CLA has supposedly “scientifically proven” to aid the body in shrinking fat cells. When CLAmor is sprayed onto food, the body metabolizes CLA after the food is digested, and CLA begins to “work its magic.” The company says that many users saw result in as little as a month. While the idea of spraying your way into shape is appealing, it is important to remember that it is not FDA approved and not proven like good, old-fashioned exercise and smart eating choices.

Surf’s Up For a Good Cause

Many surfers are used to sharing the best waves and complaining about the crowded conditions in popular locations such as Australia and California. However, on Sept. 17, 2006 in Johannesburg, South Africa, dozens of wave riders took on a “the more the merrier” attitude as they joined together to break a world record by riding one single wave. In total there were 73 surfers ranging from ages 7 to 67 riding the save wave for 5 seconds; beating the previous record of 44 people in Ireland. This event supported the Shark Spotters safety program; funding binoculars, flags, sirens and monetary donations for two popular beaches near Cape Town that are known for frequent shark attacks.

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...