Strange News

Spray Away the Pounds

If you’re tired of yo-yo dieting and countless hours spent at the gym, then according to CLAmor, you can just spray off your excess weight! CLAmor is a weight-loss supplement that you spray on your food. They come in delicious flavors such as butter, olive oils, garlic and plain. The main ingredient is ClarinolT, which CLA has supposedly “scientifically proven” to aid the body in shrinking fat cells. When CLAmor is sprayed onto food, the body metabolizes CLA after the food is digested, and CLA begins to “work its magic.” The company says that many users saw result in as little as a month. While the idea of spraying your way into shape is appealing, it is important to remember that it is not FDA approved and not proven like good, old-fashioned exercise and smart eating choices.

Surf’s Up For a Good Cause

Many surfers are used to sharing the best waves and complaining about the crowded conditions in popular locations such as Australia and California. However, on Sept. 17, 2006 in Johannesburg, South Africa, dozens of wave riders took on a “the more the merrier” attitude as they joined together to break a world record by riding one single wave. In total there were 73 surfers ranging from ages 7 to 67 riding the save wave for 5 seconds; beating the previous record of 44 people in Ireland. This event supported the Shark Spotters safety program; funding binoculars, flags, sirens and monetary donations for two popular beaches near Cape Town that are known for frequent shark attacks.

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

After a double-bye, the fourth-seeded and No. 15-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Ch ...

The Hurricanes will compete in the 54-hole Austin Regional at the University of Texas Golf Club from ...

The Hurricanes are headed to Fayetteville, Ark., to compete at the inaugural National Relay Champion ...

For the final time in his storied career, Miami head coach Jim Morris and his Hurricanes will make t ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...