still not settling into the college routine? DO SOMETHING!

I f’ing hate college. My roommate blows, my classes blow, and I think that the people here, in general, are full of themselves, materialistic, stuck up, and dumb. Honestly, I really just want to go home.

Is it too early to drop out?

Dear Reader,

Surely everything can’t be that bad! What about the food? Ha! I mean, at least you’ve got your health, right? I’m sure that you haven’t managed to pick up a nasty case of mono, at least not yet! We’ve only been back here for a month! Has it already been that long? Oy.

Anyway, I think that the best way to make yourself a happy little camper again is to fight your battles one by one. Ok, so why is it that you’re here at this wretched school in the first place? To go to school! You know, to pick up that important little thing called a degree. So, if you hated your classes, why didn’t you make an effort to change them when you still had the opportunity to? Don’t you think, to a very, very large extent, that human beings determine their own fate and happiness?

If you’re not happy with something, take a proactive approach to change things until you are happy with them. I remember, way back in the day, when I encountered a bout of misery and dissatisfaction with my life.

I had no idea how to get out of my rut, until I realized that, really, not only was I the only person with the power to make myself happier, but that I was the only person who cared about making myself happier.

I think that personal attitude plays a great deal into whether or not you enjoy or despise your days.

We’ve all heard the old adage about the glass being either half-empty or half-full, but there is definitely power in positive thinking. Weighing the pros and cons of each situation is, of course, pretty important, but in order to even be able to do that, you need to make room for the pros!

Open your mind up a little, try and find the upsides, and be proactive when things are looking down. And, if you do all of this and your life still sucks the big one, then look hard for that escape route. There’s no point in spending your days miserable when they’re so limited to begin with.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day. French couples are having the most sex on the globe, clocking in with 167 sessions every year.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...