Police Beat

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week:

Public Safety reminds you to utilize all the free services offered: free security escorts, free bicycle locks, free engraving, free safety presentations and free safety information. These free services not only help you to stay safe, but they help to secure your property as well.

SECURITY ESCORTS: There is no reason for any student to walk alone if he or she is uncomfortable doing so. Free security escorts are offered 24 hours a day. Just call Public Safety dispatch at 8-6666 to request an escort; within minutes a police officer or security guard will respond and walk with you.

ENGRAVING: Permanently marking valuable property (such as laptops, iPods, golf clubs, and cell phones) with your name and drivers license number not only discourages theft, but it makes it easier to track the property if it is ever stolen. Public Safety offers two engraving options, each are free of charge. Contact the Crime Prevention Office at 305-284-1105 to discuss engraving options and to set up an appointment.

For further information on any of these services, visit Public Safety’s website at www.miami.edu/publicsafety, or contact the Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 19
4:58 p.m. 1300 Memorial Dr.
Hit and Run Accident

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 20
5:52 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon
Blvd. Stolen Vehicle

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22
12:50 a.m. 1230 Dickinson Dr.
Assault/Battery
3:39 a.m. 1300 Stanford Dr.
Intoxicated Person
7:20 a.m. 1300 Memorial Dr.
UM Security Alarm
1:09 p.m. 1201 Memorial Dr.
Larceny

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 23
3:18 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr.
Intoxicated Person
6:05 p.m. 1244 Stanford Dr.
Criminal Mischief

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 5
10:37 p.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Theft

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...