stuck in the mud? don’t let breakups stall your love life

I’ve just gone through a horrendous breakup with my boyfriend. We were together for six months, and honestly, I loved every single minute of it. It has been two weeks since we’ve broken up, and I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever get over him. He, on the other hand, has had absolutely no problem with the breakup. He’s already dating other people. It’s like he completely forgot that I exist! I try not to call him, but I can’t help myself because he’s the only thing that I ever think about. I just can’t help it. I know that I need to move on, but I really don’t know if that is ever going to happen.

Dumped and Miserable

Dear Reader,

Even though it’s probably the last thing on your mind, the only solution for your problem is to move on and find someone new. I’m not saying that it’s not going to feel like you’re only going through the motions of dating because it probably will, but you must pick yourself up and try very, very hard to meet new people. Of course, everyone interprets their definition of “dating” differently. Am I advocating sleeping around to make yourself feel better? No, not at all. Do I think that you ought to try to make a genuine, emotional connection with someone new and (ideally) removed from your social circle? Yes, I absolutely think that would make you feel better. I am of the opinion that the most surefire way to get over an ex is to find a new love. Realistically, you could probably wallow in your sorrow forever. Why waste your life away crying when there is so much fun to found? Yeah, I don’t know why you would either.

As for calling and trying to contact your ex-boyfriend-just stop doing that right now. You’re not helping your own cause of trying to get over him by trying to hold on to what does not exist anymore. Clearly, his ship has sailed, and he has moved on.

Of course, it’s painful to realize that the love he used to have for you has reduced itself to nothing, but it has. Back away from any delusional thinking because your contact will not rekindle the romance, and really why would you want to date someone who doesn’t want anything to do with you? You are worth way more.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.The largest scrotum on record had a diameter of approximately two feet.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...