Republican Senate nominee stops in South Florida

Story updated: Sept. 26, 2006

LITTLE HAVANA-Katherine Harris spent Labor Day Monday, her last day before the Republican primary election for the United States Senate, meeting, greeting and chatting up the locals in South Miami’s Hispanic hangouts.

Beginning at the famous Versailles Restaurant, Harris sauntered through the rain to meet some of her Cuban supporters. Holding up signs and passing out flyers in Spanish to curious bystanders, supporters hugged and kissed Harris, who is now the Republican nominee for Senate. They professed their love and support in their native language, to which Harris replied, “S

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...