Shuttle service needs help

The new shuttles are a joy to watch. They’re flashy, colorful, reflective of our school spirit, bleeding orange and green. It’s a shame they’re not a joy to ride, however. For as much money the university has invested in the brand new shuttles and brand new flashy paintjobs, they have failed to invest in the most fundamental aspect of running a service like this – punctuality.
The Department of Parking and Transportation claims the shuttles run anywhere from five to ten minutes, depending on the route and time of day. However, many an angry student has waited much longer, very often 20 minutes or more. Sometimes, students have to wait just as long after boarding the shuttle for it to actually take off. Obviously, this can be very stressful when one needs to get to class or anywhere else our busy schedules take us on a daily basis.
Students don’t take the shuttle because they’re lazy. Students take the shuttle to shave a few minutes off their already hectic schedules, or in the case of displaced Village residents, out of sheer necessity. Students take the shuttle because, well, the weather in South Florida is just not the most conducive for walking across campus every day.
For most UM students, the shuttle is simply the most viable option for getting around campus, which is why it is most important that they run effectively and on time.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...