JT: For those sexy Miami nights

Justin Timberlake claims “I’m bringin’ sexy back” on the first single, “Sexyback” from his second solo studio effort, FutureSex/LoveSounds. Lots of artists make obnoxious claims, and very few can back them up; but in Justin’s case, his FutureSex/LoveSounds might be just the thing to add another layer of sex appeal to our sex-addicted music community.

The twelve-track album is full of crisp sounds. Justin’s voice oozes charisma and charm, with complete confidence in his ability to make ladies weak at the knees.

Make no mistake, this is a sexually charged album. It’ll make a flawless addition to any number of the many sweaty, illicit Miami nights, but it isn’t all about the sex.

The most important thing to note is what strong songs Justin has lined up. “Futuresex/Lovesound,” “Sexy Ladies – Let Me Talk to You,” “My Love,” “LoveStoned – I Think She Knows,” “Chop Me Up” and “Summer Love” are all finger-snapping good. They layer the flashy album with sleek dance numbers and hot mixes ( what you might expect from the album’s collaborator, Timbaland).

Even with everything FutureSex/LoveSounds has going for it, albums of this nature have a tendency to get repetitive and boring after awhile. The fact that FutureSex/LoveSounds can stay fresh even after repeat listens says a lot about the production and Timberlake’s enthusiasm for the music he’s now making.

It’s true that Timberlake has grown-up, as a musician and in general. But there’s still something very casual and almost childlike hidden in his music, an exuberance you can’t fake.

Danny Gordon can be contacted at d.gordon@umiami.edu.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...