JT: For those sexy Miami nights

Justin Timberlake claims “I’m bringin’ sexy back” on the first single, “Sexyback” from his second solo studio effort, FutureSex/LoveSounds. Lots of artists make obnoxious claims, and very few can back them up; but in Justin’s case, his FutureSex/LoveSounds might be just the thing to add another layer of sex appeal to our sex-addicted music community.

The twelve-track album is full of crisp sounds. Justin’s voice oozes charisma and charm, with complete confidence in his ability to make ladies weak at the knees.

Make no mistake, this is a sexually charged album. It’ll make a flawless addition to any number of the many sweaty, illicit Miami nights, but it isn’t all about the sex.

The most important thing to note is what strong songs Justin has lined up. “Futuresex/Lovesound,” “Sexy Ladies – Let Me Talk to You,” “My Love,” “LoveStoned – I Think She Knows,” “Chop Me Up” and “Summer Love” are all finger-snapping good. They layer the flashy album with sleek dance numbers and hot mixes ( what you might expect from the album’s collaborator, Timbaland).

Even with everything FutureSex/LoveSounds has going for it, albums of this nature have a tendency to get repetitive and boring after awhile. The fact that FutureSex/LoveSounds can stay fresh even after repeat listens says a lot about the production and Timberlake’s enthusiasm for the music he’s now making.

It’s true that Timberlake has grown-up, as a musician and in general. But there’s still something very casual and almost childlike hidden in his music, an exuberance you can’t fake.

Danny Gordon can be contacted at d.gordon@umiami.edu.

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...