Police Beat

Safety Tip of the Week:

Today, binge drinking is out of control. It not only impairs your judgment, affects your body, and can lead to trouble; but it also is a sign of immaturity to those around you.

Alcohol affects your brain. Drinking alcohol leads to a loss of coordination, poor judgment, slowed reflexes, distorted vision, memory lapses and even blackouts.

Alcohol affects your body. Alcohol can damage every organ in your body. It is absorbed directly into the blood stream and can increase your risk for a variety of life-threatening diseases, including cancer.

Alcohol affects your self-control.

Alcohol depresses your central nervous system, lowers your inhibitions and impairs your judgment. Drinking can lead to risky behaviors, including having unprotected sex.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 7

10:30 p.m.. 1306 Stanford Drive Theft

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 8

1:15 p.m. 1311 Miller Drive Burglary

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 10

4:30 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Drive Theft

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 12

6 p.m. 5807 Ponce de Leon Blvd

Burglary to Vehicle

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 13

12:30 a.m 1300 Dickinson Drive Theft

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...