Police Beat

Safety Tip of the Week:

Today, binge drinking is out of control. It not only impairs your judgment, affects your body, and can lead to trouble; but it also is a sign of immaturity to those around you.

Alcohol affects your brain. Drinking alcohol leads to a loss of coordination, poor judgment, slowed reflexes, distorted vision, memory lapses and even blackouts.

Alcohol affects your body. Alcohol can damage every organ in your body. It is absorbed directly into the blood stream and can increase your risk for a variety of life-threatening diseases, including cancer.

Alcohol affects your self-control.

Alcohol depresses your central nervous system, lowers your inhibitions and impairs your judgment. Drinking can lead to risky behaviors, including having unprotected sex.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 7

10:30 p.m.. 1306 Stanford Drive Theft

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 8

1:15 p.m. 1311 Miller Drive Burglary

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 10

4:30 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Drive Theft

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 12

6 p.m. 5807 Ponce de Leon Blvd

Burglary to Vehicle

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 13

12:30 a.m 1300 Dickinson Drive Theft

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...