EDGE discusses 9/11 with WTC’s controversial director Oliver Stone

As images of the Twin Towers crumbling are fading back into America’s mind, this week marks the fifth year since 9/11. In a bit of poetic coincidence, it also marks the fifth week since Oliver Stone’s drama World Trade Center first came to theaters, months after United 93 broke the ice.

The world has been given another chance to reflect on that tragic day at the multiplex, but is it still too soon? Should anyone who hasn’t watched this movie even consider seeing it?

The short answer is yes. Here’s the longer answer:

“It’s an international film in its humanity,” Stone said in a phone interview. “It’s about the qualities of the human heart – the ability to connect, to feel compassion, to overcome fear. It gets to the heart, where the center of all action begins and ends.”

The film, which is on its way to grossing $64 million at the box office, relives 9/11 through the eyes of John McLoughlin (Nicolas Cage) and Will Jimeno (Crash’s Michael Pe

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...