EDGE discusses 9/11 with WTC’s controversial director Oliver Stone

As images of the Twin Towers crumbling are fading back into America’s mind, this week marks the fifth year since 9/11. In a bit of poetic coincidence, it also marks the fifth week since Oliver Stone’s drama World Trade Center first came to theaters, months after United 93 broke the ice.

The world has been given another chance to reflect on that tragic day at the multiplex, but is it still too soon? Should anyone who hasn’t watched this movie even consider seeing it?

The short answer is yes. Here’s the longer answer:

“It’s an international film in its humanity,” Stone said in a phone interview. “It’s about the qualities of the human heart – the ability to connect, to feel compassion, to overcome fear. It gets to the heart, where the center of all action begins and ends.”

The film, which is on its way to grossing $64 million at the box office, relives 9/11 through the eyes of John McLoughlin (Nicolas Cage) and Will Jimeno (Crash’s Michael Pe

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...