EDGE discusses 9/11 with WTC’s controversial director Oliver Stone

As images of the Twin Towers crumbling are fading back into America’s mind, this week marks the fifth year since 9/11. In a bit of poetic coincidence, it also marks the fifth week since Oliver Stone’s drama World Trade Center first came to theaters, months after United 93 broke the ice.

The world has been given another chance to reflect on that tragic day at the multiplex, but is it still too soon? Should anyone who hasn’t watched this movie even consider seeing it?

The short answer is yes. Here’s the longer answer:

“It’s an international film in its humanity,” Stone said in a phone interview. “It’s about the qualities of the human heart – the ability to connect, to feel compassion, to overcome fear. It gets to the heart, where the center of all action begins and ends.”

The film, which is on its way to grossing $64 million at the box office, relives 9/11 through the eyes of John McLoughlin (Nicolas Cage) and Will Jimeno (Crash’s Michael Pe

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...