UMNEWS – Community leader gives $1 million to support UM ethics program

President Donna E. Shalala announced on Wednesday a $1 million gift from community leader Adrienne Arsht, chairman of the Board of Directors of TotalBank, to benefit the University of Miami’s Ethics Programs. Ms. Arsht’s gift, one of the largest supporting ethics programs in the state of Florida, will fund university-wide, interdisciplinary initiatives that engage students, faculty and the community into a new level of collaborative thinking and research.

“Ethics are at the core of everything we do. By incorporating ethics into most fields of study, the University of Miami is providing a vision for leadership in this community,” Arsht said in a press release. “My hope for this endeavor is that students from across all of UM’s campuses will have a core understanding of ethics as it relates to all aspects of their lives.”

“Adrienne’s leadership in our community continues with her gift,” Shalala said in the release.

The gift creates a platform for expanded university-wide, interdisciplinary programs. It will enhance a program that has been in existence at UM for 15 years under the leadership of Anita Cava of the School of Business and Ken Goodman of the Miller School of Medicine and Department of Philosophy, College of Arts and Sciences.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...